Job ID 1678833
Career Level Manager / Assistant Manager
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
- Lead and guide the project team to work together to meet the project objectives and stakeholders expectations.
- Effectively communicate between the project sponsor, team members, client and other stakeholders .
- Provide vision and direction to the project team to successfully deliver all aspects of the project.
- Use appropriate leadership and emotional (soft) skills to balance conflicting and competing goals of the project stakeholders in order to achieve project results
- Proactively interact with other project managers and the wider business to seek ways that assist the team in achieving project outcomes
- Work with the project sponsor to address internal political and strategic issues that may impact the team or the project.
- Work towards increasing the project management competency and capability of individuals and the organization as a whole.
- Stay informed and current about project management and industry developments and trend.
- Provide support ongoing business development initiatives and proposals as needed or requested from business development team or BOD.
Decision Making, Authority and Responsibility:
- Understands the organizational culture and Tripatra’s General Interest
- Exercises good business judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice. Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor
- Able to solve problems related to a specific discipline / field in order to progress and complete projects.
- Responsible to deliver the projects safely, on schedule, high quality and within budget.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills. Able to build a unified, high performing team.
- Effective interface internally within Tripatra’s Operations Group, Supply Chain, Legal and Finance at all level.
- Frequent external interface with Clients, Contractor’s and supplier’s representatives during planning and execution of projects.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation in resolution.
- Able to work moderately complex tasks, with minimal guidance from more experienced staff
- Able to exercise an effective influencing skills through direct or indirect approach
- Mentor and guide project team members to effectively execute projects meeting the Corporation’s objectives
- Bachelor Degree in Science or Engineering with secondary qualification/training in Project Management or Cost Controls
- Membership of PMI or equivalent preferable
- PMP or recognized PM certification will have added value
- At least ten (10) years of project engineering or project management execution experience on EPC projects in the upstream, midstream, downstream, and energy industries, or similar construction industries.
- Involvement in at least 3 Engineering projects as project manager, senior project engineer or similar. Involvement in EPCm type of projects as project lead/manager will have added value.
- Experience in leading or supporting preparation of project engineering proposals around or >$20 million value will have added value.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership: Can lead, provide the vision, direction and motivation for other
- Influential: Can understand the demands of others and influence
- Organizational management: of self and team
- Build and manage relationships: Can build and maintain personal relations
- Communication: Can communicate efficiently and effectively
- Conflict management: Can recognize, and take effective action to suit situation
- Negotiation: Can reach satisfactory agreements or commitments with others
- Risk management: Can understand and effectively handle risks/opportunities
- Mentoring and coaching: Can provide or give guidance and support to others
- English speaking and writing: Can understand and use a wide vocabulary
- People-management: Can use a variety of skills and abilities to effectively Manage project teams and individuals; e.g.
- Build and manage teams,
- Task setting and task management,
- Time management,
- Active listening,
- Public speaking and presenting,
- Report preparation,
- Applying common sense