Founded Date 01/01/1900
Sectors Utilities / Power
Posted Jobs 4
KS Orka is a project developer focusing exclusively on the development of geothermal resources. Our team has over 30 years of collective experience in developing, managing and financing geothermal energy and power projects.
KS ORKA acknowledges the potential of geothermal energy in Indonesia. Our vision in Indonesia is to deliver geothermal power in a clean, safe and responsible way for the benefit of the people of Indonesia. We do that by applying KS Orka’s innovative Incremental Business Model to develop and accelerate geothermal power projects, with a target of up to 1,000 MW in Indonesia by 2022.
KS Orka applies the modular power plant technology from Kaishan Manufacture, our sponsor, in our projects. The technology allows us to develop geothermal resources in more cost efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
KS Orka is currently the majority owner of two geothermal development companies; PT Sorik Marapi Geothermal Power (PT SMGP) and PT Sokoria Geothermal Indonesia (PT SGI).
PT SMGP is one of the largest geothermal greenfield development in Indonesia. This project is located in Mandailing Natal regency, North Sumatera Province with total potential capacity up to 240 MW. In October 2019, Sorik Marapi Geothermal Power Plant successfully COD Unit I of 45 MW, following the inauguration of COD Unit II of 45 MW in July 2021, making a total of 90 MW. PT SMGP is gearing up to expedite the development of Unit III 50 MW projected to COD in 2022.
- Respect – We are sincere, fair and forthright, treating our colleagues and our community with dignity and respecting our individual differences, feelings and contributions.
- Agility – We respond quickly and effectively to new information. Our work is dynamic, requiring us to be open-minded and flexible in our approach.
- Teamwork – We share ideas and best practices. We help our colleagues to grow personally and professionally.
- Safety – We’re personally accountable for our own safety and collectively responsible for each other’s safety. In meeting our goals for quality, cost and schedule, we will not compromise safety.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions. We set high performance expectations and hold ourselves accountable for the quality of our work and the results we achieve as individuals, as team members and as a company.